Here are our front upper Coilover/Air Shock mounting buckets designed to fit a Jeep Cherokee XJ. They position the upper shock mounting bolt hole just under the hood, with enough room to add a crossbrace between the two buckets.
* These require careful cutting and installation, with welding thick-to-thin metal. A Professional fabrication shop should be used for install.
* These require moving many components in the engine bay, like the intake, coolant and washer bottles, fuse box, etc...
* These are designed to be installed along with front frame stiffeners for strength.
* The factory coil spring mounts and bumpstops will be cut out during install - so coilovers or air shocks must be used as there will be no place for a coil spring after install.
* There is enough room in the bucket for a remote reservoir with a 90 deg fitting so the hose comes down into the wheelwell area. Also, there is a hole in the front of the buckets that a remote reservoir with a straight hose can be routed into the engine bay.
By welding these buckets onto the front frame stiffeners, and welding all around the factory wheelwell sheetmetal, along with a crossbrace across the top of the motor, these become a super strong shock mounting solution and become a part of the unibody.
* These come with bolt-on mounting plates at the very top for the crossbrace - but it is up to you to design your own crossbrace and weld to the mounting plates. We now have a basic crossbrace design - contact us for more details!
Installation Help: BasicCutLines.pdf
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love the product. Simple to weld together. I ordered the DIY kit and it was fool proof for install! The cut guidelines were helpful, but some of the reference points in it aren’t on all the Cherokees. Fitting a group 34 battery in there as well needs some adjustment of the battery tray.
I ordered this product for my 2001 Cherokee for a full custom build. These coil over buckets arrived in only a couple of days. They are definetly the best on the market. The quality of the welds and the product in general cant be found somewhere else if you are looking at these...BUY THEM... they are 100% worth it. Great Product:)